With no moving parts and no maintenance Transvac’s Ejector technology is an ideal solution for subsea processing. To ensure trouble-free operation, all Transvac subsea Ejectors are designed, manufactured and tested in-house. Operating rotating mechanical equipment subsea requires huge amounts of energy, often megawatts of power. Ejector technology can operate using existing energy and therefore operating costs can be negligible. Rotating mechanical equipment also requires special designs for performing subsea. Ejector designs change very little whether subsea or topside. In some applications, Ejector flows can be simply calculated using pressure drop data across the Ejector, thereby negating the need for flow metering instrumentation.
Materials of construction and mechanical design meet project specific subsea piping standards and are fully qualified. Transvac also provides ceramic nozzle and diffuser components for abrasive applications which have been proven over many years on topside applications. Transvac supplied the world’s first subsea processing Ejector on the TORDIS project for Statoil.
Why Choose Universal Design?
- For instances where operating conditions may change gradually over time. (e.g. declining separator throughput)
- UD pressure retaining shell can be sized to suit future operating conditions
- UD Nozzle and Diffuser internals easily changed-out to suit different operating conditions
- UD pressure retaining shell can be manufactured before operating conditions have been confirmed
- Manufacture of UD Nozzle & Diffuser can be delayed until the last few weeks of contract, when operating conditions are confirmed
- Change-out of the new UD internals can be completed in one day
- Less risk to project if predicted operating conditions are found to be wrong, because new internals can be made relatively quickly and with no changes to associated pipework Easier to realise short-term well opportunities with UD design approach
- Without internals fitted, pressure retaining shell simply behaves as a piece of pipework
- Potential to relocate UD to a new site with different operating conditions and different internals